Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Savage during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning at 952-373-0377 and we’ll get your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.