With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can cut a large amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically increase your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning specialist do air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system working well for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is operating as it should be and can identify potential problems in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may inhibit airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or changed during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or having home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the experts at Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning a call at 952-373-0377.