As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature continues to drop, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to flip on the heat. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter rapidly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when you need to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a call at 952-373-0377 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t waver in giving Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning in Savage a call at 952-373-0377. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.