During the cooler Savage months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning ASAP if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning at 952-373-0377 or schedule an appointment with us online.