Having routine air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Savage season, have the experts at Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illegally discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We suggest checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning today at 952-373-0377.