Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Savage are not the best time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also reduce the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Gopher Heating and Air Conditioning in Savage will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 952-373-0377 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.